The Governing Body, DHES, Diu in its meeting dated 25/09/2014 has approved the setting up of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in Diu College, Diu as per NAAC-UGC guidelines.
Since 21/11/2014 the IQAC has been constituted at Diu college, Diu .
The primary aim of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To facilitate Academic and Administrative Audit.
The following composition of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is suggested under NAAC-UGC guidelines for an institution.
- Chairperson: Head of the Institution
- A few senior administrative officers
- Three to eight teachers
- One member from the Management
- One/two nominees from local Society, Students and Alumni
- One/two nominees from Employers /Industrialists/stakeholders
- One of the senior teachers as the Coordinator/Director of the IQAC