The Diu Higher Education Society, Diu is registered under the Society Registration Act 1960. The objectives of the society are as follows:
- To set up Degree College to provide courses leading to degree in Bachelor of Arts, Commerce and Science through affiliation to university recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- To provide a facilities to Higher education i. e. College and other Higher Education Institutions within the territory of Daman & Diu.
- To improve quality of education as per the norms of the UGC, other academic bodies and the affiliating Universities, Statutory authorities.
- To prescribe courses of instruction, hold examinations and grant certificates and other awards to persons.
- To seek affiliation with Universities or other appropriate academic or Governmental bodies for award of Degrees, Diplomas, Certificates and other citations by the appropriate educational authorities.